This module is a review of Neuro and introduces care of the critical care Neuro patient.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe acute and chronic conditions related to neurological care including pathophysiology, presenting signs and symptoms, etiology and contributing factors, sequelae and progression, and goals of nursing management
- Compare and contrast acute versus chronic disease illness related to the care of the neuro patient
- Identify key nursing management strategies for neuro patients
- Categorize appropriate nursing care planning (assessment, diagnosis, goals, interventions, evaluation) related to care of the neuro patient in critical care.
- Morton Chapter 21-23
Classroom Learning Activities
- Guest Lecture: Past CI graduate Lauren Fink, RN, BSN, Surgical ICU Cottage Health Care System
- 1130 – 1250 pm ATI Proctored Comprehensive Medical Surgical Exam (Bring your laptops)
Option 1: Find a Neuro related article or newer intervention in care of Neuro-Spine patients. Report your interesting findings so we all learn together!
Option 2: Continue our class discussion. Find some interesting information about HCAPS and patient satisfaction driving health care costs.