This module begins Week 2 through Week 4 covering Hemodynamics and Cardiovascular issues and topics.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe acute and chronic cardiac conditions including pathophysiology, presenting signs and symptoms, etiology and contributing factors, sequelae and progression, and goals of nursing management
- Compare and contrast acute versus chronic disease illness related to hemodynamic stability and cardiovascular function
- Identify key nursing management strategies for patients with cardiovascular dysfunction
- Categorize appropriate nursing care planning (assessment, diagnosis, goals, interventions, evaluation) related to the patient with cardiovascular dysfunction
- Morton Chapters 8, 13 -14
- Additional reading: QSEN Teamwork and Collaboration
Classroom/Online Learning Activities
- Cardiovascular Lecture Online via VoiceThread
- Hemodynamic Monitoring continued (Review the SlideShare on Hemodynamics posted in CI Learn)
- VoiceThread Tutorial(s)
First view the tutorial for using VoiceThread
Next utilize VoiceThread App via mobile device (computer if you do not have mobile device to download VT app to – yes it is a free app!)
View the video posted below with instructions for logging in to CI Learn and VoiceThread to access/record VoiceThreads from our page. VoiceThreads are also made available in CI Learn/Bb.
- Techy Time – There should be some time left to go to Lynda.com and view some of the wordpress tutorials if you are wanting some support to develop your own sites.
Online Assignments Due 9/16
- VoiceThread: Virtual Field Trip Using the above instructions to access, please contribute to our discussion this week! Follow the instructions and prompts in the VoiceThread below.
- First view the tutorial for using VoiceThread
- Next utilize VoiceThread App via mobile device (computer if you do not have mobile device to download VT app to – yes it is a free app!)
- View the video posted below with instructions for logging in to CI Learn and VoiceThread, prior to completing this VoiceThread!
- Contribute to the VoiceThread and have fun!
2. Group Project Work
Use the QSEN Teamwork and Collaboration guidelines to create a plan, model, outline, or guidelines for your group members. Consider the following:
- Member strengths, limitations, and values
- Team member roles and accountabilities
- Communication style
- Leadership style
- Strategies for successful team functioning
Post your groups plan in a blog post, google doc, image, or any other method to share with peers on our course site. Use this as a guide as you forge ahead in your project plans. This is a required part of the project per rubric. See group project guidelines.
1. Complete your group project rules and guidelines, if you have not already done so. See guide (link here). Print, complete and submit in class or email to me, post, or share.
2. This week you need to go to ATI and start tackling some practice tests. Go to ATI and complete Targeted CV practice assessment. Check out the codes I have listed for you to access the practices tests in CI Learn/Blackboard. Do the practice test for Cardiovascular. May I suggest you also consider retaking a practice test Nutrition? Homework this week only requires you to take the Cardiovascular practice test.