This module began Week 2 through Week 4 covering Hemodynamics and Cardiovascular issues and topics.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe acute and chronic cardiac conditions including pathophysiology, presenting signs and symptoms, etiology and contributing factors, sequelae and progression, and goals of nursing management
- Compare and contrast acute versus chronic disease illness related to hemodynamic stability and cardiovascular function
- Identify key nursing management strategies for patients with cardiovascular dysfunction
- Categorize appropriate nursing care planning (assessment, diagnosis, goals, interventions, evaluation) related to the patient with cardiovascular dysfunction
- Morton Chapters 9, 11, 14
Classroom Learning Activities
- Career Center Guests Amanda Carpenter and Patty Dang (Online – postponed until September 30)
- Cardiovascular continued, EKG interpretation focus and discussion
- Hemodynamic Monitoring continued
- To Code or Not To Code (post discussion – blog to consider/read)
Find a webpage, article, or resource focused on newest technology, trends, or procedures related to cardiovascular health. Blog your opinions and thoughts about what you find on your CI Keys page! Be sure to categorize your blog “Goleta420” so it appears in our course Student Blogs page.
ATI Practice Medical Surgical Test – Take the test and see where you stand!