First half of class will be the Exam. Your exam is online and will begin at 1015. You have 60 minutes to complete the exam. You can access the exam through CI Learn>>Nursing 420>>Exams. You will immediately receive your score, but you will not be able to review the exam until after 1200, so everyone has time to complete the exam. This is not an open book test. Once you start the test, you must complete it. You are not to click outside the online window during the testing period.
This module covers Week 5 and 6 covering Pulmonary Diseases, Respiratory Failure and Airway Management. This week you will be introduced to ventilator care and concepts with continued discussion Week 6.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe acute and chronic cardiac conditions including pathophysiology, presenting signs and symptoms, etiology and contributing factors, sequelae and progression, and goals of nursing management
- Compare and contrast acute versus chronic disease illness related to the respiratory system and pulmonary function
- Identify key nursing management strategies for patients with pulmonary diseases and respiratory failure
- Categorize appropriate nursing care planning (assessment, diagnosis, goals, interventions, evaluation) related to the patient with pulmonary diseases and respiratory failure
- Morton Chapters 15-16
Classroom Learning Activities
- Exam 1 10:15-11:15
- Online Review Game of Pulmonary Symptoms
- ABG Online Tutorial and Practice
- Review series of videos “Mechanical Ventilation Explained Clearly” (5 videos total). Intro/Part 1 video here:
Here is an additional video explaining CPAP and BIPAP:
No Homework! Take a moment to do something for you!